Cloud Computing Search

Monday, July 15, 2013

Akamai Selected Keerthan Shetty Shares his experience

Date: June 24th 2013
Hey ,Hi Friends!!!!! J,

It’s me your Senior Keerthan Shetty [CSE 2009-2013 batch] would like to share my Campus interview  experiences through this doc.

C.I Experience:
Let me start, I  feel ,I am the luckiest of peoples to be placed before the start of Final yearJ .It was Robert Bosch which came for a pool campus drive at BVBCET on July 17th 2013,3 rounds for selection [ Aptitude cum tech online test 90 marks(60-30 pattern) with 0.25 negative ,Technical face to face & HR ], I had only prepared for aptitude for a week or so. I cracked aptitude & had to face tech f-to-f  n  HR the very next day, I was nervous  because it was my first interview, but had made up my mind to be positive &  trust my technical skills. Tech was bit challenging & HR was crafted to blog our minds J [Its Bosch!!! They want the Best>>>>]
             It worked for me!!J My name was in the selected candidate Pdf mailed to us. I was overwhelmed to get a job on the very first go that too in a core companyJ.
            Before the college started, I attended Accenture pre-placement training & Ethunus training for a period of 7days each. Training was helpful & i got to know some of the time saving tricks in aptitude through Ethunus. 
Next came a Series of Service based companies[Accenture, Mind tree},  I was not allowed due to some of the norms. I was bit confident that I had a job in hand &  was thinking to target  product based companies.
I had a decent CGPA around 8.75 and was eligible for almost all the companies that visited. In the due course, I attended PSPL   & was unable to clear the tech-2 round. I didn’t give up ,kept on trying to improve my skills.
Akamai visited the SDMCET Campus on Sep22 ,2013 one of the networking giants, & I was following that company a month before it came .I had studied company details thoroughly, it was 5 round selection process[Written test, communication ability test,2 Tech f to f( one  to check basics & other to check Core & Application level  knowledge) & HR]. I was confident of cracking written test as I had gone through many tests online, Tech rounds were very tough and HR was the most tricky one where they ask some questions totally out of the box .Nearly 200 had attended and only 3 got the job offers… I was one among the them, I dreamt of being in Akamai & was finally in it J . At the end of the year, I had 2 Core company offers in total allowing me to choose the best. J

Some important tips for placement:
>Give as many online tests possible to improve your Aptitude and Technical skills, it will also help in managing time efficiently.
>Study the Company profile[branches, Financial stats,Innovations] which is coming next that will help in answering questions  like “ Why u want to join Akamai?”, “Can you quote any innovation carried out by Bosch?” in HR rounds.
>Brush-up your basics in vacation & be ready-to-go when companies arrive in a stretch.
>Be careful about the sectional cutoffs. i. e, for instance, given 60 aptitude &30 tech questions ,the cutoffs will be 35 & 15 respectively , in that case you need to surpass both these boundaries. Taking 50 in apti & 10 in tech or 30 in apti  & 25 in tech will not clear the test. We need a balanced act here.
>Every round in interview has importance of its own. Don’t neglect any rounds (especially HR).
>Be self-motivated & don give up on being rejected.
>Trust your skills and present yourself according to the standards.

Wishing you all the very best for Upcoming placements J Rock it J                                                                                 

Thanking you                                                                                                                     
Keerthan Shetty
 For further queries,                                                  

Email id : Keerthan.shetty8@gmail.com                Mobile:   9738028079

No comments:

Post a Comment