Cloud Computing Search

Monday, June 24, 2013

Informatica campus: Sharath Shetty Shares his Success Story


 Sharath Shetty was selected for Informatica and is joining the company on 01.07.2013


hello Juniors,


I wish to share the interview process of Informatica held for us during our recruitment, which may help our juniors as Informatica is recruiting 2013-14 batch very shortly in our college.



Start preparing for Aptitude, Puzzles, Basics of C, Algorithms, OS, DBMS, Networks which are necessary for all interviews. Informatica mainly concentrates on DBMS, UNIX(Commands and all), OS.

Interview process for us consisted of following Rounds : 

Online test - MCQs which had 35% Aptitude and 65% technical(c, dbms, unix, os, networks) and five puzzels to solve on paper.

Face to face Interview- consisted of total 5 rounds(4 technical and 1 personal HR)

Round 1 - In this round they asked very basic algorithms (Bubble sort n all), normalization concept in DBMS and some c concepts, Bigo notations for some algorthims and some JAVA related things.(In java they asked questions only from the portions which had been covered in class till that date).

Round 2 - In this round the questions were mainly from DBMS and UNIX. The interviewer had confused me a lot in primary key and unique key concepts but I was confident with my answer. He also asked to write some unix commands and their functions.

Round 3 - This round was conducted by one of the managers of Informatica, he was very cool. He first asked DBMS related questions, then some puzzels and then some personal questions.

Round 4 - I had the best experience in this round. Interviewer firstly asked me to introduce myself and then the first technical question was to write 30 unix commands, which i thought was very easy and started writing but wrote only 12, then he told he'll ask one question on DBMS and told to write the remaining commands after answering that question and also told that if i write 30 then I'll be selected. I answered that question and then wrote up to 25 commands. He told me to leave as I did not write 30. I was fully tensed at that time. Then again he told he'll ask one more question on DBMS and asked me to complete that 30 commands after answering that question. Finally i was able to write only 27-28 commands. He said okay and asked me to wait outside. After few mins they called me for HR round!!

Round 5 (HR round) - Final round was very casual as they asked me to introduce myself and asked some personal questions and some normal questions of HR round.

Finally got selected for INFORMATICA.

For some questions interviewer did not expect correct answers but they saw our approach for those questions.
So juniors start preparing for Interviews (mainly apti, DBMS, UNIX n some basic concepts of all subjects which are going to help for Informatica hiring).

Wishing all the best for juniors for 2013-14 placements.

No comments:

Post a Comment